Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Power of Womanhood

Women are strong and compassionate leaders because we have a natural wisdom that resonates from the heart. I came to understand this after becoming a Mother. I went through natural childbirth and discovered that as a woman I have an ancient wisdom within me. Women are the Steel Magnolias. We are the Yin in ‘Yin and Yang’; the world needs us to maintain balance. We women bring forth life and are inexorably connected to nature and to others. All women share this ability to create with the Divine, thus beauty, love and empathy are the essence of our soul. This truth was hidden from me for quite some time. Being a victim of rape, I thought men held the power; but over time realized we are all one. To forgive the rapist is to forgive myself. To help a robbery victim is to lend a hand to God. To love and nurture my children is to love and nurture generations unto the end of time. Being a woman means I can be a leader like Queen Elizabeth, Hillary Clinton and Condoleezza Rice, and I can be compassionate like Florence Nightingale and Mother Teresa. Today I wear many hats. I am a Mom, Marathon Runner, Black Belt, Lay Minister, and Hospice Volunteer. My power manifests not only in the choices I make daily to shape my children’s lives but in every sacred moment. What makes me a leader is living this truth, even when no one else is looking. All of my choices are manifestations of every woman’s inner voice and we are --- one.

No comments:

Post a Comment