Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Museum of Natural History

Last weekend I canceled everything off my calendar and took Zefram to the Museum of Natural History in DC. He loved this personal “mommy and me” time. We ate a bagged lunch, went to the exhibit on the human body and the new butterfly exhibit where we saw a brilliant blue South American butterfly-truly exquisite. However, Zefram was more impressed by the metro ride and turning his penny into a piece of art that looked like a lion. He had a great time in DC and I must admit that this is one of the best times that I have had with him. There were no melt downs and I got to see who Zefram really without any other distractions. For a brief moment life was all about him and this does not happen every day for a middle child. I am finding that in a family of 3 children it is important to give this personal attention. Sometimes parents just need to cancel everything off the calendar for the more important things like spending a little mommy and me time

1 comment:

  1. What a great day! It can be so hard to let go of your agenda, since having 3 kids means that your agenda is already diluted every day. But I am so glad you were rewarded for making this choice. I think kids do suffer from the Barn Cat syndrome more than we realize sometimes...XOXOXO Ash

    ReplyDelete